Monday

Chamomile and Calendula Gift Set


How do you describe Chamomile and Calendula?  Chamomile has a soft floral, herbal, apple aroma.  Calendula?  Pretty close to the same.  Both essential oils blend extremely well together.  So well that you probably couldn't pick the two apart in this mix.  I chose to use this combination of essential oils in a goats milk/glycerin bar soap and also some bath salts.  I also added dried chamomile flowers to both for appearance, texture, aroma, and color.  Chamomile is known to be anti-inflammatory.  It is wonderful for dry, achy, itchy, flaky skin amongst other things.  Calendula contains many of the same properties and is a wonderful healer.  This combination is also safe for babies in small amounts treating cradle cap, diaper rash, and others.  You can find a million different recipes for bath salts all over the web.  A very simple recipe could contain just a mixture of salts (epsom, sea salt, etc), a carrier oil, and the essential oils.  The soap is simply a melt and pour soap.  You buy the soap in blocks, melt, mix in your additives and pour into molds.  It really couldn't get any easier. 

If you are looking for a good start in finding your herbs and oils, I suggest mountain rose herbs.  I have ordered from them many times and their quality is unbeatable.  I am not compensated in any way for saying that, I just really love the company and the products it provides.



***I am not a doctor or claim to be an expert.  Please see your physician if you have any ailments.  The recipes/ideas represented here are from my own personal experience and in no way meant to diagnose, treat, or cure anything.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great gift idea! I love handmade gifts!

I'm your newest follower! I would love for you to come by my blog and follow me back if you get a chance :). Found you through Debbiedoos newbie party.

Merry Christmas!

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

This would be a lovely gift! Thank you for sharing! I'm your newest fan... please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com if you can. Have a Merry Christmas!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I love "natural" products. I would make EVERYTHING my family uses, wears, eats, etc., if I could. ;)

Thanks for sharing at Time Travel Thursday. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Love natural products, I have not made any myself but am thinking about trying. Thanks for the suggestions are where to buy oils and herbs. This would make a great gift. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best and wishing you Happy Holiday's.
PS - now following you!

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

lovely gift idea!


Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday Link Party, hope to see you there again this week

Natasha xx

http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...