Thursday

Family Favorite Christmas Cookie: Rugelach!



Ever since I was a little girl, my mom always made us, what we would call, 'walnut roll ups'.  I never knew there was a fancy name for these cookies until I was an adult.  All I knew is that I loved them and could make my entire diet focused just on them.  They are a buttery, yummy, sweet, nutty cookie that we roll in powdered sugar.  My mother used to make hers entirely by scratch and nothing could ever come close to hers. 

As I am now grown with my own kids, I wonder how my mother ever found the time to make these from scratch and always have them turn out perfect.  Oh, I tried.  But if I made these cookies, they would be the only ones I would ever make, aside from the traditional sugar cookie one.

Until about two years ago. I had a subscription to womans day and found a recipe for raspberry-walnut-rugelach .  I have never had much success with magazine recipes but had to give this one a try.  It uses the refrigerated ready-to-use pie crusts for the base of the cookie.  Let me tell you what a time saver that ONE step has saved me.  I was really skeptical at first but, was delighted with the outcome of this recipe!  It has now become a family favorite that I am able to make every year, even when short on time.  I thank God for that one!  I hope you will try it, especially, if you are a rugelach lover like we are.  You still have time, believe me!  We are making ours today. 

Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

meena said...

i love you mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...