Wednesday

Rag Quilts

I {heart} Pinterest.  I can spend hours just browsing through that site, filling my head with creative ideas and new projects I should start.  Oh, and I start them!  Problem is, I dont always finish them.  My attention span is that of a fly when it comes to my patience in crafting.  I love it all.  I just want it all done NOW so I can move on to the next.  But this picture by  Do it Yourself Divas stopped me in my tracks:




I have never wanted to explore quilting (note my attention span issues). Too time consuming, too precise.....two words that DO NOT describe me.  But, rag quilting?  Who would've thought?  No need for perfection or huge amounts of time.  Just some fabric and the desire to put it all together.  I really was skeptical at first.  Could I really make a quilt in a short amount of time?  Turns out, YES YOU CAN! This quilt took me a total of 4 hours to complete and all of 6 yards total of flannel fabric.  (anyone else take advantage of the 1.49/yd sale at joanns this past weekend?)
The only difference in my quilt versus the one in the above photo is that I chose to snip my sides as opposed to binding them.  And I can't believe how soft and warm this is.  I will definately be making another one once I get my hands on another good fabric sale.

My daughter picked out the owl fabric for its 'cool' factor.

Her favorite colors are lime green and blue.  I don't think I could match this any better to her liking if I tried.

 
**TIP** When cutting your fabric into strips, I found a fabulous short cut that really works.  Simply snip the fabric at the desired width.  Mine was at the 8inch mark. Then, rip it all the way towards the other end.  The rip actually does tear in a straight line and saves you oodles of cutting time.**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for linking this up over at Handmade On Humpday! I love it. I haven't made one of these yet but I keep seeing them all over pinterest so I might need to try one! Thanks again!

HoneySage said...

I like the owls! I bet this was faster than the squares I did. Hmmm...I might do another one. Thanks for sharing!

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

ohhhhh nooo you are kind of making me want to try this!!! And I am SO not a quilter either! Thank you so so much for linking up and for the inspiration!
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

Kelley with an *E -Y* said...

So cute! I have quilted and it is soooo time consuming. I really want to try one of these! Thank you for posting (I found you through Created by Cori's blog).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...