Friday

Valentine Photo Frame

As my profile says, I have a hubby who travels ALOT for his job.  He misses many a birthday and special occasion because of it.  This year is no exception.  He is overseas right now and will be missing Valentines Day.  I know its not necessarily a major holiday but its still time away from the family.  I try and do what I can to keep our relationship front and center, even with the thousands of miles between us.


I don't know about you, but I always seem to have these little wooden dollar frames from michaels hanging around my house. I wanted to use one to showcase me and my hubby this V-day.  We were very fortunate to go to Jamaica kid free about a year and a half ago.  While there, I convinced my white knuckled man to go zip-lining with me.  My husband hates anything where he is not in control so this was B-I-G, and most certainly memorable (and monumental on his part). I couldn't think of a better picture of what love is than doing something you are afraid of or incredibly uncomfortable with just to please your spouse. (insert the cheesy aww's here, I know) Here is the final Result:







Supplies:  Wooden frame from Michael's
                2 Sheets scrapbook paper plus word art
                Mod Podge
                2 different colored pieces of felt
                Scissors, heart punch or cricut cartridge
             
I wish I could take credit for the tutorial on the flowers, but I can't.  You can find detailed directions for these rolled flowers here.  I used mod podge to glue the paper down onto the frame and also to seal it with a top coat.  Once dry I added the embellishments.  Easy peasy.  One little hint about the frames.  When you buy them, they come with a cardboard piece in the middle with the dimensions on it.  DO NOT throw that piece away.  It is perfect to add stability and backing to whatever picture you decide to frame.  That's about it.  Now go and display your crafted glory!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

How sweet!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

What a great memory and nice way to showcase it. Thanks so much for sharing at the Kiss and Tell party over at I Gotta Create!

By the way.. Your word verification is on

Jeanna said...

What a cute idea... I love the color contrast you used for Valentines day. Too sweet!

dramaqueenseams.com

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

This is just adorable! Flowers & polka dots together? CA-UTE! Would be delighted for you to link up to Mop it Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html

{HUGS},
kristi
your newest follower

Crafty Mischief said...

What a cute frame! I love the turquoise polka dots and the loopy flowers are so fun! Thanks for sharing! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...