Tuesday

Candy Corn Soap?


Yes, you read that right.  I am a lover of candy corn.  I could eat a whole bag of the stuff in one sitting without evening realizing it.  There's just something about that sweet buttery goodness that I just can't resist.  But, eating gobs and gobs of the stuff is NOT good for my waistline, especially when there are two more weeks til the Big Day.  So, to curb my cravings while still being able to smell the stuff, I decided I needed to make some festive soap.....hence candy corn.  And the best part?  It's calorie free and actually good for me to use!  The ingredients couldn't be simpler, or the process.  I used goats milk melt and pour soap, candy corn fragrance, colored mica powder, and a mold.  Look around your house and in your pantry.  Anything could be a mold, even your bundt pan!  Simply melt small batches of the soap and color them one layer at a time.  You need to wait until a film has formed on your previous layer before pouring the next, otherwise, you will just end up with a marbled mess. (I still mess this up sometimes as I am incredibly impatient.)  Let it cure at least overnight before cutting.  And voila!  Candy corn soap to enjoy in every room of your house as often as you wish!  Happy Halloween!  :)




2 comments:

Jenn said...

This is too cute! I'm not a big fan of eating candy corn but this I can do! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark - featuring this later today. Happy Sunday!
Jenn :)

Jenna said...

I love this, super cute! wish I could make this :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...