Friday

Halloween decorating


I'm falling waaaay behind in my holiday crafting.  It's amazing how time can just get away from you if you are not careful to monitor it.  My first project is dealing with my mantle.  My living room remains really dark and my mantle most certainly needs a paint job.  Nonetheless, its the focal point of the room so it remains a priority.  I want my home to look neat and coordinated (I can be a freak about it, I know).  I went to my good old dollar store to try to find some inspiration.  I just wanted to GET STARTED......that's half the battle.  I found a basic wooden plaque and a sugar jar.  The numbers were on sale at michaels for another dollar, and the 'dragon eyes' label was a free printable I found here from a pinterest search (love that place!).  Just add some paper, mod podge, a drawer pull, spray paint,and stickers and I am all set as I had these items on hand. Total cost was approx. $5 minus the candy. This project was really simple and fun to do.   Now off to do some more work on that mantle!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...